What does the future hold for energy? While it's impossible to know for sure, looking back on how things have evolved can provide useful insight into what's to come - and help businesses decide what support they will need as they navigate a path to Net Zero.
Back in 2011, we launched a major study in partnership with the Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment at the London School of Economics – The Future Report. This explored four potential scenarios for the energy landscape and the likely impact on businesses. A lot has changed over the past decade. And many new unforeseen challenges have emerged – Brexit and the Covid-19 crisis to name just two.
So we asked a range of experts to revisit these past predictions to see how things then turned out. Perhaps more importantly, we also look once again to the future to see what we have learned and what’s changed to help guide businesses on their energy journey over the coming months and years.
We also ask the key question we know large energy consumers want to know: What action do businesses need to take now?
The result is The Future Report 2020 – The road to Net Zero with commentary, insights and advice to businesses from:
- Professor Sam Fankhauser, Director of the Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change
- Robert Buckley, Head of Retail and Relationship Development at Cornwall Insight
- Arjan Geveke, Assistant Director of Energy Policy at the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Simon Bennett, Regional Director Utilities EMEAI at ADM
- Ben Spry, Head of Flexibility Services at npower Business Solutions
- Richard Spencer, Head of Technical Services & Operations at npower Business Solutions
To get a free copy of the Future Report 2020: The road to Net Zero complete the form below, and listen to our podcast here